Adobe Photoshop 6.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: Adobe Photoshop Tips 'n Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dznutz
Artist
Artist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Adobe Photoshop 6.0 Reply with quote

I have a question. I hope this is the right forum. For some reason when I open a cover to edit it in photoshop it opens it at 72 DPI.... even though the scans are 600 or 300 DPI they open at 72 DPI

Is there a setting somewhere for this to have it open at the DPI that it should?

thanks
loady
Special Member
Special Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im only familiar with ps 7 and upwards...though i cant see why photoshop would do that as a default.....forgive me if this is a stupid question, but you never know, when you saved the covers did you right click and save the preview version or did you click on the preview version and wait for the full size version to load and then right click and save on that one ?....i have done this myself so thats why i ask.
dznutz
Artist
Artist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loady wrote:
Im only familiar with ps 7 and upwards...though i cant see why photoshop would do that as a default.....forgive me if this is a stupid question, but you never know, when you saved the covers did you right click and save the preview version or did you click on the preview version and wait for the full size version to load and then right click and save on that one ?....i have done this myself so thats why i ask.

I don't mind the questions, that's the only way I can figure out what happened. After playing around with it for a while I noticed it was only doing it on certain covers (I still don't know why) when i right clicked on the cover in the folder it said 600 DPI but when i opened it it said 72 DPI...... i was curious why it opened so quick in photoshop that is why i checked.

Anyway for the record I always open my covers from photoshop not the cover itself and I always save as not just save.....

It's still a mysetry why 2 covers did that and the others opened as they should have.

thanks for asking though and at least for now my problem has been idenified and fixed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: Adobe Photoshop Tips 'n Tricks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: