Photoshop and Labels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: Adobe Photoshop Tips 'n Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dznutz
Artist
Artist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Photoshop and Labels Reply with quote

I am trying to edit some circle text on a label I have and it tells me I don't have HelveticaNeue BlackCond font.... is that a font that I have to buy or is there some place to get it for free like other fonts?

Also I am trying to create my own circle text for labels and was wondering if anyone has some tips for me.

Thanks
zantasha
Valued Member
Valued Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a simple TIP for it. when you draw an circle shape "U" (Ellipse) and then select TEXt tool and click on the edge of the circle. it goes upside down. but when you first transfrom the Ellipse shape"U" Horizontally (CTRl+T) and then select TEXT tool and click on the edge of the ELLIPSE shape, it goes the other way.
now here's an example for it:
Make an Ellpise shape (U) and Transform it Horizontally. then select TEXT TOOL (T) and move it to the edge of the Circle. the POINTER will look like this. then CLICK and type the TEXT:

and it will look like this:

Now here's more Trick which will be useful (if you don't know it)
make any shape Using PEN TOOL (P) will fill color option ON and Draw a shape say a TRIANGLE. the again select TEXT TOOL (T) and this time bring the POINTER inside the triangle (not the EDGE) and POINTER WILL LOOK LIKE THIS:(Like Brackets around it)

now click the Pointer and type your TEXT. goto WNIDOWS>CHARACTER and in tool bar goto paragraph and JUSTIFY ALL. the TEXT will look like this

this is usually needed when you have to type something along with an image or shape. you can make any shape you want to go with. hope this will help.Smile
GEORGIEBOY26
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx for those tips Zan Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: Adobe Photoshop Tips 'n Tricks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: