DVD Hard Drives for TV's

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dznutz
Artist
Artist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: DVD Hard Drives for TV's Reply with quote

So when is technoligy going to allow for affordable Hard Drives (looking for at least storage of 1000 DVD's) as opposed to Multi Disc DVD Players. I would love to be able to store at least 1000 DVD's in a hard drive for fast access and abilty to pull up a menu to access the movie of my choice without having the bulk of a Disc Player that would most likely be way to bulky for my liking. I know it will be done but when is the question. I imagine (not HD or Blu Ray) it would have to be a 4 TB hard drive to handle that many movies with special features included. It would definelty be nice to access them by a mnu on the screen instead of looking on shelves.....

just been thinking about it.... for about a year... lol
tkboxer
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds great to me....but not too good if you are a cover site, no need for covers any longer....I guess we would have to design custom screen art! Laughing Laughing Laughing
dznutz
Artist
Artist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have software that allows you to modify DVD menus so what could be done is change the mian title screen to look like the cover or any other art you would want to insert into it.... DVD art will have a place for a while anyway so i don't think we will have anything to worry about. I'm waiting for the price to drop on HD's to about $100 a TB by then HD and Blu Ray will be the norm and 1 DVD will take up about 25 GB then you can get about 25 of those on there..... but i will be happy with the digital media I already have at 4 Gb and get about 250 movies on 1 TB.... I got it all planned.... just waiting for that price drop
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: General Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: