Superman Returns

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: Movie, TV, & Theater Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
talion
Exceptional Member
Exceptional Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Superman Returns Reply with quote

Well, Christopher Reeve doesn't have to worry about being replaced anytime soon. The acting in the new version was wooden and stilted. He had no personality at all. I was pretty disappointed in the movie content too. Some pretty uninspired writing happening, IMHO. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't good either.
blackhawkdown
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed. i think it will be a while before someone will be able to one up reeves, imo. if u think about it, reeves really embodied superman w/ both physique and personality.

BHD Twisted Evil
aukevin
Exceptional Artist
Exceptional Artist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Superman Returns was a great movie and Brandon Routh did an excellent job at restoring that franchise's Superman and Clark. I really don't have any complaints with the movie itself. I thought it had some awesome scenes like the plane scene and when Superman was stopping the baddie with the rotary gun. I thought this movie did an awesome job making it look like authentic when Supes was flying or shooting his heat vision or whatever. My favorite scene was the plane rescue scene, second favorite scene was after Supes saved Lois, the kid, and Richard from drowning and flew the boat in the sky and then let go of the boat while holding on to Richard. That was cool.
daripper
*Resident Artist
*Resident Artist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was an alright movie but I still like the older Superman movies better Very Happy
My name is 0110010001100001011100100110100101110000011100000110010101110010
SG1_Fan
Donator
Donator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Superman Returns Reply with quote

talion wrote:
Well, Christopher Reeve doesn't have to worry about being replaced anytime soon. The acting in the new version was wooden and stilted. He had no personality at all. I was pretty disappointed in the movie content too. Some pretty uninspired writing happening, IMHO. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't good either.

This say's it all... Disappointed also
Freddy_Krueger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christopher Reeve will never be replaced, allthough this actor in superman returns hi a look a like, but lacks the carisma that reeve had, pherhaps the expirience. Bryan Singer allready said that another sequel his programed to 2008, hope it goes better that this one, because the only thing that is saved on this movie are the special effects.... and Kevin Spacey!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: Movie, TV, & Theater Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: