CPU Cooling

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blknight3
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: CPU Cooling Reply with quote

I'm hoping someone will have some advice to share on this. I have 3.2 dual core machine in a Sonata cacse. I'm running 2 120 mm fans, and at anything other than full speed the CPU fan tends to put aout a really annoying wine. So I am looking at getting a cooler for it . Right now I am loking at either a Zalman CNPS9500 LED CPU Cooler or the Antec CPU cooler.

I'm open to any suggestions/recommendations that anyone has.

Thank you in advance
daripper
*Resident Artist
*Resident Artist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blknight3 m8, you can't go wrong with the Zalman CNPS9500 it does a
great job on cooling from what I have read and heard others say about
it that were using one of them. Wink Very Happy
My name is 0110010001100001011100100110100101110000011100000110010101110010
blknight3
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah from what my research is showing me I think that's the way I'm going to go. I found a place here in Canada where I can order it for 70.00 so that isn't so bad. kind of funy though that no one here in town can order them for me:(

The only down side I've seen is that the max recommended weight for the 775 board is 450 grams. This one is 520. So not sure if that rules it out or not.
bobflemming
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Blacky,
i use this http://www.eclipsecomputers.com/product.aspx?code=HFC-AQUAGATE

works fine for a budget kit - best check if it supports your cpu type, but it came with tons of adapter kits Wink
blknight3
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobflemming wrote:
Hi Blacky,
i use this http://www.eclipsecomputers.com/product.aspx?code=HFC-AQUAGATE

works fine for a budget kit - best check if it supports your cpu type, but it came with tons of adapter kits Wink

Thanks bobflemming... I went with the Zalman. I've heard way to many good things about it. And I can get it with delivery and taxes in for only 65.00 so all in all not too bad.
blknight3
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man .. I got it installed today finally and I cannot believe the difference!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm running the two 120 fans on low speed and the Zalman is on low speed and I can just barely hear anything running at all.

Just checked the CPU temp.... the day I ordered the cooler it was running at reline 60C. Right now it is running at 33C. I'll reccommend this to anyone!!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, good choice about buying the new zalman cooler. I believe you are talking about Intel P4 dual core, not Intel conroe processor. 33 degrees is pretty impresive for the idle temp. Whats the temp. when you load both cores to 100% for 1 hour ?
blknight3
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zile wrote:
hmm, good choice about buying the new zalman cooler. I believe you are talking about Intel P4 dual core, not Intel conroe processor. 33 degrees is pretty impresive for the idle temp. Whats the temp. when you load both cores to 100% for 1 hour ?

So far the most I have seen with this is 41 .... that was after some intense gaming and burning movies at the same time. Default is set to 60 on Asus probe.... so not even close. I do have the two 120 antecs running but both of those at minimal speed. Used to have them both at max and still topped the 60 mark.

Plus everything is a LOT quieter now. So I'm a happy camper.

Oh I should mention that the first dau I chcked the temp before the cooler I was just surfing the net and it was at the 60......................
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: General Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: