Slingbox

View previous topic :: View next topic  
annarere1960

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject: Slingbox Reply with quote

Slingbox

Imagine the ability to watch live television whenever your life takes you. The World Series in your cube. Emeril Live in your kitchen. Your local news in Singapore. Okay, now snap out of it, because the Slingbox is making that fantasy a reality. This groundbreaking device allows you to watch your television and all of it’s programming through the internet on a PC, MAC, or mobile device. That means you can always enjoy your favorite shows or sporting events – wherever you may roam.

The Slingbox is more than just a piece of beautifully molded hardware (okay, well, technically that is accurate), it comes with software too - we call it SlingPlayer. SlingPlayer installs on your PC, Mac or Mobile device, and lets you watch and control your Slingbox. The software incorporates the company's SlingStream technology to provide the best possible viewing experience over any network, and you don't have to touch a thing - it just streams as well as your network allows!
SlingPlayer is also very easy to use. A simple "TV Window" appears, and inside, voila, there's your TV. Want to change the channel? No problem, because right next to the TV Window is the SlingRemote window, which displays a graphical "virtual" remote. The SlingRemote has support for over 5000 different devices, including the latest cable boxes and DVRs, and often displays a realistic-looking remote that looks just like the one you left on your couch (it's under the pillows). The SlingPlayer encompasses several innovative features to bring your entire living room experience to your laptop, desktop, PDA, or smartphone (minus the couch potato). Click here if you want to see if your device is supported.
Finally you can watch and control your television wherever you are!

http://us.slingmedia.com/page/products.html

I love this product....I have had this since DEC. 2005.... I can be anywhere in the USA or Canada heck I can watch it any where in the world...and I can watch my tv in my computer room at home...my local news ect... from my laptop ....
The better your signal the better quality of the picture. All you need is the Singbox around $200.00 USD and a Router. There are no monthly fees. Ever!!!

This is what my the slingbox looks like on my laptop when i watch tv. You can fit the picture to the size of the screen but i prefer this size picture when I'm watching :

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: Anything Goes All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: