Rocky VI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: Movie, TV, & Theater Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyers2thecup
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:59 am    Post subject: Rocky VI Reply with quote

At first, i was embarrassed for Stallone when I heard he was going to try and pull this off. The guy just turned 60 for god's sake! Now, I'm not saying anything bad about anybody near 60, but I'd be willing to bet none of you would consider getting into a boxing ring! Smile

Call me a sucker for nostalgia, but after hearing the music, I was hooked! And it doesn't look half bad. I'm just hoping it's not one of those "all the good parts are in the previews" type movie.

Here's a trailer if you want to see for yourself!
aukevin
Exceptional Artist
Exceptional Artist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the trailer looked real good too. Rocky is one of my favorite movie franchises. I liked seeing things like Sportscenter and HBO in the trailer.
tkboxer
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really enjoyed the last line of the trailer. Since it will be coming out at Christmas, I'm betting it will do almost $50 million at the box office on its opening weekend. Personally, I hope it turns out to be a good film, everybody has a soft spot for Rocky Balboa.
spartanstew
Valued Member
Valued Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have mixed emotions about this one.

Part of me thinks he's too old and part of me wants to see another Rocky.

I'm sure I'll rent it when it's out and hopefully it'll be entertaining.
meezercrazy
Artist
Artist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the trailer, and I admit I was intrigued. But...., I don't think I would pay money to go see it at the theater. Don't get me wrong, I love all the Rocky movies, EXCEPT #5 (That one stinks!!!) but, come on!! You know it, and I know it. Guess who wins in the end? Rocky? What else is new. Laughing If they were going to be serious they would make it realistic and have the new guy (in his 20's) kick a 50, or dare I say 60-something's butt all over the ring. Just like Tyson dropped Spinks in 15 seconds in 1980 whatever. Cool

Ding, Ding, Ding. This one's all over!!!!
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward for this one, although imho the actor is too old for this one. Maybe he will become a coach Smile
1Bullet
Artist
Artist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I just saw it! the problem I don't know if I liked it or hated it.
I think I should have saved my bucks and waited for the dvd.

The next for Stalone is remake of Rambo for 2008. This to sounds bad now. I just keep imagining 50 year old hippy from the Vietnam war taking on the police in some small town. Hey this is 2007 I have seen a hippy in years.
blackhawkdown
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was pleasantly surprised. i went it w/ ALOT of reservations, but it was very entertaining. Very Happy grade: B
Freddy_Krueger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think rocky 5 should have been made, and Rocky 6... Jesus... Stallone was making some of the best movies, in my opinion, and then comes rocky again. I don't think is the right bet for him. I herad that Rambo IV is also on the making. I can't possible see him making another rambo. He shoul retire as Arinie did.
daripper
*Resident Artist
*Resident Artist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was an okay movie but not as good as the older Rocky movies were. Very Happy
My name is 0110010001100001011100100110100101110000011100000110010101110010
aukevin
Exceptional Artist
Exceptional Artist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't like it as much as the older ones, but overall I enjoyed the movie. It ended like I expected and I was happy with it. The movie was a bit depressing though.
Freddy_Krueger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aukevin wrote:
The movie was a bit depressing though.

Like Stallone! The guy returns to Rocky just for the money! I didn't had to do it!
flyers2thecup
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

man!!!! we just went to see this tonight...it was UNBELIEVABLE! i don't know if it's because I'm 34 and i grew up with the rocky franchise...but it really hit home. i have to admit, i got choked up more than once. this move could have been so much worse, but it was f'n phenomenal! kudos to Stallone for not only writing the final chapter of this franchise, but also starring in it. i'll probably go see it again at the theater, and I'll definitely be buying this DVD!!!

as far as nostalgia factor goes, i rank this movie right behind star wars. if you're in the same age bracket as me, it's a must see. and don't be surprised if you get all tearing eyed.

un-f'n-believable!
tkboxer
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyers2thecup wrote:
man!!!! we just went to see this tonight...it was UNBELIEVABLE! i don't know if it's because I'm 34 and i grew up with the rocky franchise...but it really hit home. i have to admit, i got choked up more than once. this move could have been so much worse, but it was *'n phenomenal! kudos to Stallone for not only writing the final chapter of this franchise, but also starring in it. i'll probably go see it again at the theater, and I'll definitely be buying this DVD!!!

as far as nostalgia factor goes, i rank this movie right behind star wars. if you're in the same age bracket as me, it's a must see. and don't be surprised if you get all tearing eyed.

un-*'n-believable!

I felt the same way when I saw it, and I'm a bit older than you. The movie is about life and seeing it through the inspirational character Rocky Balboa. I think Stallone had to be at this point in his life to write the final chapter like this. If he would have written this 10-15 years ago it wouldn't be the same.
Younger viewers I've talked to expected more of a action/fight movie and some were disappointed.
I think the best line in this film is the top line on the back of the cover I did for this film, (which incidentally you suggested I change) it was "It ain't over 'til it's over". I decided to go with this line, 'What's crazy about standing toe to toe and saying, "I am".' which I think is talking about life, its challenges and taking them on toe to toe.
kveits007
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched it, it was ok, glad I waited for the dvd
talion
Exceptional Member
Exceptional Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was pleasantly surprised that the writing was as good as it was, because I went in with big reservations too. It was a good watch because the movie wasn't about the fight at all, but rather about life and the process of aging. I thought it was handled with style and aplomb, and I'm so happy that they didn't go for the obvious ending. I thought this was a much better movie than either 4 or 5. It had some really good moments in it.

As was previously said though the impact is probably better if you are getting older yourself.
pembo
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoo boy - just saw this - and I bloomin' loved it! I'm a big fan of the first Rocky and this one strives for the same feel and for the most part succeeds! Great humour and I love the fact that Stallone doesn't ignore the fact he's gotten old on us all of a sudden! Well worth a look if ya like the franchise...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: Movie, TV, & Theater Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: