The war certainly seems to be low key HD/Blu Ray

View previous topic :: View next topic  
talion
Exceptional Member
Exceptional Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: The war certainly seems to be low key HD/Blu Ray Reply with quote

with the betamax/vhs wars the campaigns were loud and in your face, but aisde from seeing commercials for some titles being launched in one version or the other i just don't seem to hear much about it. I really thought there would be more, but the last major blow I heard of was the Blockbuster decision to go Blu-ray.

It's like they're circling around each other warily, waiting for the other one to commit itself and make a mistake.
tkboxer
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, all the manufacturers are in one camp or the other and neither wants to come out with guns blazing.
What will fix this is when a independent manufacturer comes up with a multi-format machine that will read Blu-ray and HD DVD equally well and also upconvert standard DVD.
I know LG already produced one with limited success, it played one format well but only so so on the other. Maybe their next generation will be better.
When someone can produce one of these for about $300 or less no one will care about the format war.
May be something to look forward to in 2008.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: General Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: