Rush Hour 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: Movie, TV, & Theater Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
talion
Exceptional Member
Exceptional Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Rush Hour 3 Reply with quote

First off, I'd like to say hats off to Jackie Chan for his previous accomplishments in movies, his uncanny ability to do things with his body that we'd never consider doing to ourselves, and I imagine that the Hong Kong community thanks him for helping to put them on the map cinematically.

His only mistake ws making one Rush Hour film too many. It's time for him to hang up the action star cape and put on a director's hat, or something like that. Now, don't get me wrong, for a guy in his 50's he still moves pretty damn well, but he's obviously lost a couple of steps on his younger self, and it shows in the writing of the movie. His scenes are quite toned down compared to what he used to and the film concentrates much more heavily on the comedic element than previous sorties. This is unfortunate, because Chris Tucker looks tired in this movie, and most of Chan's comedy has always been physical comedy, which leaves this film feeling a little flat.
tkboxer
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always enjoyed Jackie's work, but you're right, its time for him to move along. I think he could become a very credible director.
blknight3
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with you in at least part. I think jackie can still do this kind of movie. You have to take it as part and parcel that as he get's older he will have to slow down some of the action.

But this movie was a real disappointment in so many ways. I had so much enjoyed the first two that I was really looking forward to this one. Oh well all sequels eventually run out of steam

I still give this one a B-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: Movie, TV, & Theater Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: