mouse behaving badly

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEORGIEBOY26
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: mouse behaving badly Reply with quote

anyone get this prob???? lately when using my mouse, it seems to "hold on" to whatever I have clicked on, bit of a pain when using photoshop when cloning or erasing etc. the bloody thing wont let go of the item I AM WORKING ON, till I click it a few times to release......strange or what????? Confused
bobflemming
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey GB, my laptop does that, its a sticky RIGHT mouse button, but anyway, if its a standard mouse, it should be easy enough to take it apart and clean out all that Georgieboy dead skin from the inside - thay can get rearly gross inside Shocked
GEORGIEBOY26
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobflemming wrote:
hey GB, my laptop does that, its a sticky RIGHT mouse button, but anyway, if its a standard mouse, it should be easy enough to take it apart and clean out all that Georgieboy dead skin from the inside - thay can get rearly gross inside Shocked

HE HE.. its a standard optical mouse, didnt think it would gunge up???maybe just a sticky button Shocked
DVDCoverArt
Site Master
Site Master

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: mouse behaving badly Reply with quote

GEORGIEBOY26 wrote:
anyone get this prob???? lately when using my mouse, it seems to "hold on" to whatever I have clicked on, bit of a pain when using photoshop when cloning or erasing etc. the bloody thing wont let go of the item I AM WORKING ON, till I click it a few times to release......strange or what????? Confused

The only time I have ever experienced this problem is when my wireless blutooth was getting low on its battery charge, which why I have two. I keep one in the charger at all times.

The other time is when the mouse needed to be replaced. Crying or Very sad

Right now I have been religated to using my laptop for everything while I continue to recover from my surgery.
GEORGIEBOY26
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: mouse behaving badly Reply with quote

DVDCoverArt wrote:
GEORGIEBOY26 wrote:

The only time I have ever experienced this problem is when my wireless blutooth was getting low on its battery charge, which why I have two. I keep one in the charger at all times.

The other time is when the mouse needed to be replaced. Crying or Very sad

Right now I have been religated to using my laptop for everything while I continue to recover from my surgery.

hi boss, I think the battery is ok, not long changed it...maybe its tellin me I need a new mouse Laughing Laughing hope your recovery is going well, at least you have your laptop to keep you occupied Laughing
1Bullet
Artist
Artist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

had something similar, twice , first one was easy to tell, because I was also having intermitant problem , with the scroll wheel as well and not allways at the same time. It was the mouse.
The second was spyware on my pc.
GEORGIEBOY26
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YEP, thats what I was afraid of, spyware can cause this, ran avg spycheck, but found nothing Confused
1Bullet
Artist
Artist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not 100% sure of this but I think it was CoolWebSearch. the problem was I removed with adaware it left reminents behind. even after I ran something called shredder still had problems. Spybot seach and destroy kept detecting it but couldn't completly delete it. I did eventually get rid of it but can't exactly remmeber what did it.

But if you have never had a browser hyjack, this may not probably your problem. The mouse problem is what I was left with after dealing with it.

both adaware , and symantec security suite could not even detected it. Only search and destroy.
GEORGIEBOY26
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANX for that bullet, seems to be an intermitent problem...sometimes mouse is fine, then it goes off on one Shocked will try out search and destroy in case its a browser hijack Very Happy also will try a spare wired mouse I have and see if prob still exists.......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: General Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: