Having computer problem need help!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
annarere1960

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Having computer problem need help! Reply with quote

I shut down my computer ...every thing running fine.... no virus found when anti-virus .was ran...
Later on went to start it up .....and every thing started fine ...the password page came up And could move arrow on mouse pad but as soon as I would touch one key on the keyboard it would freeze up including the mouse.... I did an F11 recovery and it said I was missing (dnsapi,dll)
And Is there a way to by-pass the sign in page? I can't get into the computer with out putting password in. Each time I try it freezes up......

I have no Idea what to do to fix the problem..... I don't want to lose all my info I have stored on computer.......and have all my business info on it so I don't want to send it out.....HELP PLEASE!
DVDCoverArt
Site Master
Site Master

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Password Reply with quote

Is this Vista or XP? Have you tried booting into safe mode, or tried booting using the "Last Working Configuration?"
arabian_knight
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Please pm your e-mail i can send you the missing file you should need...

dnsapi.dll is a module that contains functions used by the DNS Client API.
annarere1960

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: Password Reply with quote

DVDCoverArt wrote:
Is this Vista or XP? Have you tried booting into safe mode, or tried booting using the "Last Working Configuration?"

I have Windows XP Professional......
I have tried to boot in safe mode and last working Configuration.... neither worked.
arabian_knight
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Your password problem is it to do with logon to windows or bios?...
DVDCoverArt
Site Master
Site Master

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Password Reply with quote

annarere1960 wrote:
DVDCoverArt wrote:

I have Windows XP Professional......
I have tried to boot in safe mode and last working Configuration.... neither worked.

Often with Windows XP, when it says you are missing a file, that is not the only problem.

During the installation process, you are given the option of doing a Repair. You want to SKIP the first repair and select the Second repair option.

Make sure you leave the file system as is. You will want to install into the current Windows directory. By doing this, you will preserve your current configuration.

This process will restore all files that may be missing or corrupt.

Hopefully, you have more than one computer. If the repair fails, you can connect the hard drive to another system and transfer your files.

One thing that I recommend everyone do if they only have one hard drive in their system, is partition it and have their programs save data on the secondary partition. If you ever have a major problem with your operating system, you can safely format and reinstall onto your C drive without loosing important data. I even move My Documents folder to the partition.

The best option is to have more than one drive in your system. Your operating system is installed on you primary drive and your data, including your Documents folder is saved on the other drive. Even when doing this, I still recommend partitioning the primary drive. Windows does not need 300GB, even Vista doesn't need that much space. At the most I would set aside only 60 to 80GB for the operating system and programs.
annarere1960

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you DVC...... I have 2 laptops.... this one just had a new hard drive put in it and I had transfered all info from the other one before it crashed on me....Phewww....
I will do as you have instructed.....let you know what happens!
annarere1960

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update******

My Home Computer has crashed..... It will be getting all new updates and equipment installed in about 5 weeks.....YEA!!!!

My HP Laptop....(6mo. Old)...... Total went down and computer guys said they have never seen the problem it had before.... they had to reload everything again including drivers...... I am keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't happen again... !

My husband laptop.... also crashed..... in the shop now....!

After discussing it with the computer guys we found the problem may have been caused by the new Trend PC Anti-Virus 2008... Beware.... I had it in all 3 of my computers .... And all 3 have crashed.

Confused
SG1_Fan
Donator
Donator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After discussing it with the computer guys we found the problem may have been caused by the new Trend PC Anti-Virus 2008... Beware.... I had it in all 3 of my computers .... And all 3 have crashed.

[/quote]

Thanks for the info.I was thinking about using this. The Norton that comes with my verizon dsl has been a pain lately but its not crashing any systems,guess I better just stick it out.
GEORGIEBOY26
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear your probs Anna...I know what a disaster it can be....hope it all works out..... Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: General Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: