Meat Inspection

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBalloon
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Meat Inspection Reply with quote

ok im asking for alittle bit of help from my friends, those who dont know me ... well i work in a slaughterhouse in the UK . My job is a meat inspector and basically in a nut shell i and about 1000 others like me (around the country) independently inspect every animal that is killed and pass for human consumption.
Now our government in its wisdom wishes to eventually pass this on to the business them selfs and self regulate.
Below is a petition if you would so kindly sign up , it may help our cause and stop the transformation to the food business operators

Thanks BB
if u want any other infomation u can pm me

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/foodsafety/
blknight3
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey BB. Man I wish I could sign that. No way the Govt. should be letting the buisness self regulate this. I shudder to think of what would happen if they do. Look at some of the news we hear now about things getting through. Imagine what the buisness will do Shocked Shocked Shocked
BigBalloon
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers BLK, yeah i know, the only thing with the petition is u have to be a uk resident
tkboxer
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Meat Inspection Reply with quote

BigBalloon wrote:
ok im asking for alittle bit of help from my friends, those who dont know me ... well i work in a slaughterhouse in the UK . My job is a meat inspector and basically in a nut shell i and about 1000 others like me (around the country) independently inspect every animal that is killed and pass for human consumption.
Now our government in its wisdom wishes to eventually pass this on to the business them selfs and self regulate.
Below is a petition if you would so kindly sign up , it may help our cause and stop the transformation to the food business operators

Thanks BB
if u want any other infomation u can pm me

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/foodsafety/

This sounds like a page right out of the George Bush playbook, "Hmmm, how can I help my fat cat friends make even more money? Can't get them a tax cut, already did that, I know, I'll make it so they can be self-regulated, none of those pain in the arse inspectors showing up whenever they want. Yeah, that will be nice, they'll like that."

In the past two years we have had more contaminated meat recalls than I can recollect ever happening. One so large it bankrupted the meat company. Another took just about all the ground beef out of school lunches because no one knew just how much was contaminated so they just pulled it all. What a waste, all because someone was unable to do their job correctly. A unregulated meat industry is the equivalent of a loose dog, everything is fine for a while but eventually the dog tries to cross the road when a car is coming....and bad things happen that could have been avoided had you just kept the dog on a leash.

I hope your petition is a success, a unregulated meat industry is a lame idea.
BigBalloon
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers tk for your support. This has already been tried in both USA and Australia, and both have gone back to independant inspection , y r goverment think that it can work beats me !
phil6580
Donator
Donator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only to happy to sign BB buddy. Smile
valve
Valued Member
Valued Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I could help out - this sounds like such a bad idea. Self regulation rarely works.

valve
BigBalloon
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers phil Laughing
valve dont worry i no theres alot of people on here who would sign but u have to b a uk resident
daripper
*Resident Artist
*Resident Artist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would gladly sign but unfortunately Sad I live in the good ol' USA. Very Happy
My name is 0110010001100001011100100110100101110000011100000110010101110010
BigBalloon
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers ripper .... thanks for your support from the other side of the pond !
annarere1960

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too would sign but I live in the USA good luck....I'm pulling for you Very Happy
BigBalloon
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers anna . nearly reached 200 signitures and once we reach that mark then Gordon Brown gets to look at it !!!!!!
Fejinwales
Super Donator
Super Donator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh why..oh why aren't I surprised that this government has planned this?

Good luck with the petition - we can only hope the arsholes see sense, there's always a first time I suppose.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: Anything Goes All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: