I have a plan on how to deal with Generetic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genereticked

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: I have a plan on how to deal with Generetic Reply with quote

What Generetic has done to it's members is inexcusable. Since I can't login there, I intend to upload to this fantastic site every cover and label I ever downloaded from them.

The creators will be given credit, as they should. Generetic isn't sharing the work with anyone anymore, so I might as well upload it here so that it can still be shared and appreciated.

I would suggest that anyone else who has ever downloaded from Generetic do the same. If you are not a creator, which I am not, it will give you a way of contributing to this site.

Some may not agree with me, but this is simply how I feel about the whole Generetic ripoff.
phil6580
Donator
Donator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda know where your coming from and it would be great to add the covers we dont already have here. But please make sure all creators are credited. Smile
Fejinwales
Super Donator
Super Donator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest it wasn't the fault of a vast majority of Generetic members who were artist first and foremost that we all got screwed. By doing what you suggest I believe it would be these people who I would be hurting by sharing their work without permission.

I am now a member of another site as well as this one. A lot of the peed off Generetic members and staff have gone to the other site and to this one as well, in the same way that I have.

On that other site uploading any covers from other artists to another site is an instant ban from that site, regardless of crediting them or not so I cannot risk it...

I agree that Generetic treated us diabolically, but that is the case for most of the people there, and more are to come when their next payment is due.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: Anything Goes All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: