MP3/HDMI stereo receiver

View previous topic :: View next topic  
talion
Exceptional Member
Exceptional Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: MP3/HDMI stereo receiver Reply with quote

I'm looking to scrap all of my CDs as well as picking up a new HDMI amp. I'd like something that will allow me to plug in a flash drive, external hard drive or computer so that I can access my digital medium music or even movies from my hard drive. Any recommendations?

As a secondary question, I am considering the possibility of ditching my portable DVD player and getting a netbook that will allow me to both surf the net and watch movies, but am wondering whether there are any netbooks available that have A/V outlets that will let me hook it up to a tv. I travel light and am trying to streamline my needs as much as possible, space-wise. I admit to not having done much research on this at this point, and thought that once again the knowledgeable people here might have some suggestions.

Thanks all!
Jezebel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Denon AVR-3808CI stereo receiver, and it does most of what you mention. One of it's best features is it allows network firmware upgrades.

http://www.usa.denon.com/ProductDetails/3510.asp

It has a front and back USB port for MP3 and connects to your home network so you can stream internet radio and music stored on your networked PC's.

The network playback music includes many formats including lossless .flac files, lossless is the way to go when ripping discs.

What it doesn't support is video streaming but I doubt many stereo receivers support this functionality internally. I know there are add on devices priced quite reasonably that will do the video streaming thing.

How much are you looking to spend? This is the first important question.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: General Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: