epson r280 part 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackhawkdown
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: epson r280 part 2 Reply with quote

from the previous thread, it seemed that the ink flow was a bit off. i fixed that, whew (the ink was like paint at first). now here is my current issue: using epson print cd i've fixed my inner and outer diameter settings, but for some reason, there is the slightest "edging" of white at the inner hub.

now, i've gone ahead and adjusted the inner diameter setting and see that it works because i see more ink on the inner plastic closer to the center hole, but i still see a bit of white (on 1/2 of the hub area).

any ideas? i'm stumped and i've seen this w/ two different r280s that are both brand new. TIA

BHD Twisted Evil
GEORGIEBOY26
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya stumped me buddy, by the way, how do you fix ink flow? i got the r200
SG1_Fan
Donator
Donator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a print alignment setting,if I understand you right there is ink on the clear part of the hub and there is also a area where its not printing? My r320 isn't hooked up right now so I can't tell you how to get to the setting,I'll check back in a day and see if you got it figured out.Let me know if you found the setting and if it did or didn't work.
blknight3
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SG1_Fan wrote:
There is a print alignment setting,if I understand you right there is ink on the clear part of the hub and there is also a area where its not printing? My r320 isn't hooked up right now so I can't tell you how to get to the setting,I'll check back in a day and see if you got it figured out.Let me know if you found the setting and if it did or didn't work.

If it's the same as with the RX595 all you do is click print. In there you have the option to adjust your print position. I've never had to do that so not sure if that is a permanent adjustment or not.
blackhawkdown
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SG1_Fan wrote:

yo sg-!,

i didn't see a "print alignment" setting. if you have time, please check and let me know....appreciate it Very Happy

BHD Twisted Evil
SG1_Fan
Donator
Donator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I open up my program there is a green CD icon to the left of the main screen 2nd from the bottom,when you click it the print alignment box will open from there you can adjust where the center of the dvd is if you know how far off (mm) it is then enter the measurements otherwise its trial and error.Good luck
daripper
*Resident Artist
*Resident Artist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using Epson Print CD version 1.60A when I click on the printer icon at the top of the program it comes up
with the print box that shows the printer name, number of copys, media type. On the right side it has three
buttons Adjust Print Position, Tray, Manual Print ,buttons you will need to click on the Adjust Print Position
button then it will show you a CD that says Sample with crosshair lines to adjust the Up, Down, Left, Right
print position by 1mm at a time. It is pretty much trial and error until you get it right but once you do it will
keep that setting from now on or until you change it yourself. I have my RX595 set to print at Up 0.1mm and
Left 0.1mm for printing on Tayo Yuden TYG02 Discs. That setting pretty much works for all the other discs I
print except for Verbatim media I never have been able to get a perfect print off of Verbatim no matter what
settings I use it seems as if the Verbatim media is out of round or something I always have a small white streak
somewhere on the disc.
My name is 0110010001100001011100100110100101110000011100000110010101110010
blackhawkdown
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys, i'll check what version of print cd i have. off the top of my head, i don't recall the "adjust tray position" button, only the other two.

daripper,

did that version of print CD come w/ that printer you mentioned, i have one of those as well and can open it up to get the disc. will report my findings. Laughing

BHD Twisted Evil
daripper
*Resident Artist
*Resident Artist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes version 1.60A came with my RX595 the older version I think it was 1.40A or
something like that and it wouldn't recognize the RX595. I had to install the 1.60A
to be able to use the RX595 and to get it to print correctly.
blackhawkdown
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: thanks guys..... Reply with quote

ok, got 1.6 and used da rippers left 1 and up 1. then i have to drag the right side of the image over the circle edge just a bit and the label prints fine.

whew!

thanks for all the replies... Very Happy

BHD Twisted Evil
daripper
*Resident Artist
*Resident Artist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: thanks guys..... Reply with quote

blackhawkdown wrote:
ok, got 1.6 and used da rippers left 1 and up 1. then i have to drag the right side of the image over the circle edge just a bit and the label prints fine.

whew!

thanks for all the replies... Very Happy

BHD Twisted Evil

Glad you got it sorted out blackhawk yeah it takes some doing to get a perfect
print sometimes you have to make some weired adjustments. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: General Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: