Can this be made better?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fejinwales
Super Donator
Super Donator

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Can this be made better? Reply with quote

I just read the post regarding expanding the content of the site by making less known covers. Well I made a custom cover for 'Electric Dreams'. I was going to buy a second hand VHS copy from a seller on Amazon, I asked him about the quality of the cover beforehand and explained why I wanted to buy it and it was his suggestion that he send me the cover, I scan it and when I had made a cover to send him a copy... I did this.

However I do not use Photoshop so cannot use the plugin mentioned in another post, the image I had from the scan still shows some scan artifacts despite it being initially scanned at 600dpi. I do not want to put the cove r on here as it is in case it got rejected so I was wondering if someone could help out and make the image better for me.

Of course, should any artist here want to use the image themselves for a cover I am fine with that, as images for this film are almost impossible to get, however I would still like a re-worked copy for my cover should anyone be able to help.

Unfortunately the only image I now have in the png transparent image from the cover layer, 1600 plus pixels in height. I have upped this cover to other sites but one cover that I made once was rejected for some reason (I never found out why) which is why I have not upped any more since, but this one is an older unknown and might be of use.

this is the image (with the background):

The image is downloadable here; http://www.sendspace.com/file/qs0hc9
if anyone wants to take a look. it is scanned with ESET, clean, rar file and in PNG format. it will stay there for 30 days.

I cannot do anything else with it with Paint Shop Pro, it prints fine but those of you using Photoshop have tools at your disposal that I could never use with PSP.
GEORGIEBOY26
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would like to see tha scanned one also bud
Fejinwales
Super Donator
Super Donator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the offer guys, unfortunately, as I stated (I think) I do not have the original scan any more, I lost it somewhere while transferring all my files from my old PC to the new one, this was not the only one lost, there were others as well. Oh well. better luck next time. If I come across one of these in a jumble sale i will buy it and re-scan it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: Help Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: