Making your own screen captures of a movie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: Tips 'n Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Passkes
Exceptional Artist
Exceptional Artist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Making your own screen captures of a movie Reply with quote

For all of you that don`t know how to make screen captures or have tried to make a printscreen from a movie and paste it into Photoshop and found out that the movie kept playing in a screen in photoshop Very Happy.

I use the DVD player program: PowerDVD.
This little program has a little button with a fotocamera on it.

Whenever you drag a movie into PowerDVD or play a DVD with it.
You can press that little fotocamera button (shortcut is the C or S button depending on your version) and PowerDVD will make frameshots for you. Be sure to look into the preferences of PowerDVD and then Advanced to set the directory where PowerDVD should put the snapshots and to set the size of the snapshots.

Hope some can do something with this info

GrTz,
Passkes
Bad-Habit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used this before, but a lot of the capture's are stil a bit vage/indistinct

What i did then was press the C (or S) a lot of time's in a row (10-20) and looked at the end result to pick the best one.
snips71
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nero Showtime can also be used by pressing C. First you must go into the properties and choose where the image can go. I have tried a couple of times , but the images I was looking for were too low res. Maybe it was the age of the film (National Lampoon's Animal House.)
zantasha
Valued Member
Valued Member

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad-Habit wrote:
I've used this before, but a lot of the capture's are stil a bit vage/indistinct

What i did then was press the C (or S) a lot of time's in a row (10-20) and looked at the end result to pick the best one.

you have to wait for the next capture until the capture text on the screen disappears.. you can also use "T" for very slow forwarding (frame by fame) to select the best scene for capturing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: Tips 'n Tricks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: