My turn to move!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyers2thecup
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: My turn to move! Reply with quote

seems the running theme here is moving!! well, it's my turn to start actually moving. bought the house a few weeks ago, and we've been painting and stuff like that. moved some boxes and little things, but Saturday is TRUCK DAY!

Tomorrow night well be it for me until July 6th. That's the earliest I could get my cable company to come out and re-activate my TV and internet.

What to do for 5 days without internet service or cable?? I guess I'll have to actually TALK to my wife! Oh well...it was bound to happen sooner or later.

i'm a little jacked that they don't offer FIBER OPTICS in my new neighborhood yet! so i gotta stick with cable connection for now. oh well.

There is GOOD NEWS in all this....after we sell our "OLD" house, it's time for me to buy a big screen TV!!! 42" PLASMA...HERE I COME!!
nightowl
Limited Membership
Limited Membership

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: My turn to move! Reply with quote

flyers2thecup wrote:

What to do for 5 days without internet service or cable?? I guess I'll have to actually TALK to my wife! Oh well...it was bound to happen sooner or later.

hey flyers sometimes when i want to talk to my wife i chat with her through MSN Laughing .......we have seperate computers here (only 20feet apart).......she chats with people from england and the states most of the time Rolling Eyes

anyhow congrats on purchasing your new home hope you are able to get everything organized......remember to pack the computer with extra padding Wink

enjoy your July 4th long weekend Very Happy
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck flyers..... but as for the tv go for lcd thats were all the new techno is goin and plasmas need toppin up after a couple of years Wink
looked alittle into it before world cup and house move.... still with my old tv but will wait till just before xmas as prices should of fallen by then and hopefully new lcd tv !
fatheralice
Donator
Donator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with the move, and enjoy the new TV!!

I am still trying to convince my wife of the merits of a big flat panel, for when our extension is completed Rolling Eyes
tkboxer
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the new house and good luck with the move...wear a back belt for the heavy stuff. As for talking to the wife....well for the next week all you have to do is follow her instructions....."Honey, that box goes in the kitchen....Dear, the box goes in the upstairs bathroom"....and so on and so on....... Laughing Laughing Laughing
flyers2thecup
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!

i'll be back before you even miss me. Very Happy
SG1_Fan
Donator
Donator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: moving Reply with quote

I'll be waiting for your return.not going to be the same around here even if its only 5 days.glad to see you got your video problem figured out,later Quaker
bobflemming
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck Flyers, did the move thing back in January - still unpacking box's even now! Very Happy
flyers2thecup
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys!!! the move went well....had a couple piece of furniture that i didn't think were gonna make the bend at the top of the steps, but we got it sorted. it's almost like the house was built to take on my exact furniture...some of it fit to within centimeters! the box spring for the bed actually had to be bent, but we made it work....without damage to the bed or the walls! Smile

like BobFlemming, it's now time to live out of boxes for a while. we don't have as much storage space as we had at the old place. so we have to purge a lot! obviously my wife is having a harder time doing that than I! I was finally able to convince her that it was ok to get rid of the bridesmades dresses she wore over 5 years ago! for the record, my closet space hasn't changed...as where my wifes space has been cut in half! tough for ANY woman to handle!

and work is my only means to internet for a couple more days!! so i'll be unavailable after 4:00 pm eastern.
flyers2thecup
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

back online at the homefront! FINALLY! got cable and internet access backup! now i gotta just check on the phones...then again, i don't use them...i'll let it stay quiet until the wife complains. shhhhh! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: General Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: