Reason to celebrate? Milestone that should not go unnoticed.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tkboxer
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Reason to celebrate? Milestone that should not go unnoticed. Reply with quote

I have noticed we have 9,975 covers on our site and when those that are pending are added we will pass the 10,000 mark. Is that reason for celebration? Should we be chillin' some brews or picking out the appropriate wine, is baking a cake in order? The facts are this, a bunch folks that barely knew each other decided to be civil to one another, respect ones opinions, aid in the developement of each others talents, share some humor and along the way get together to produce 10,000 pieces of artwork. Thats a pretty amazing feat in this day and age. I would also recognize the folks who started this and work hard to keep it going, for their insight, patience and fortitude make this all possible...I thank you all.
blknight3
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said boxer!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not one of the contributing artists, but I do appreciate the effort and talent that they have all shown and shared with others. And the work that goes into keeping this site up and running on a day to day basis, by the admin staff on top of that is truly outstanding.

To each and very member of this site.... my thanks are extended as well.
flyers2thecup
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here, here...cheers!

well done....to everyone involved...as boxer said, not only to the artists and staff, but to all who have contributed in one way or another.

here's to another 10,000! (hope that doesn't scare you away boss! Wink )
phil6580
Donator
Donator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What more can be said that already has not been said. Congrats to all involved and here's pushing for 20000. Very Happy Very Happy
annarere1960

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow....we sure came a long way in a little over a year Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy thanks to all of you members that helped to make this the wonderful site that it is.....and thanks tk for bringing this to our attention...... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
lostpr0ph3t

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said TK. Not bad for a lil site that most folks didn't believe would last. A lot of the early members here were left homeless after DP's shut down, that's when the boss stepped up and gave us all a new home. The cover community can be extremly fickle, and at times rather cold to new comers and non artist. I remember talking with DCA before he started everything and hearing what his plans for the site actually were, and I'm glad to say that he's gone above and beyond. I've been away for a while, unfortunately real life doesn't let me play as much as it used to. The one thing I can say is even though this site has grown, it still hasn't lost that close knit family feel. Which says a lot for not only DCA and the whole admin team but also for every single one of the members here. Everyone gets treated with the same amount of respect whether they're a seasoned pro or someone looking for their very first cover. I know a lot of you newer members don't know me, but please don't let that stop you from dropping me a PM if you ever need anything. Like I said, I don't get as much time as I used to on here but I try to drop in for a few mins every day to check the "Request" section. Once again a "Big Thank You" to everyone of the awesome members on here for not only making this one of the best cover sites on the net but also for making it one of the friendliest. Keep up the great work everyone!!! Wink
sawtooth
Exceptional Member
Exceptional Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

10,000 covers is quite a milestone. Congratulations to everyone.
Blackstar
Valued Member
Valued Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said...I know when I first came here I was a DP refugee looking for a life raft.Since I've been here I've learned quite a bit from the PS forum on how to create my own customs and have gotten help many times from others ...and been turned onto a lot of good resources in general.Long live DCA!!
Seiji
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaProgger who? har har!! j/k All I know, is that DCA won't ditch us because "The site got too big." I tip my hat to him for that.

Yeah, thanks to all the members that make this what it is!

The only thing I fear is the site getting too big sometimes. You know what I mean, where movies studios might take notice and not like what's going? If I remember correctly DaProgger had to ban Disney & Paramount. That's the only thing I fear with the success of this site.

Anyone know how many members there are?
lostpr0ph3t

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seiji wrote:
Anyone know how many members there are?

We have 548 registered users
daripper
*Resident Artist
*Resident Artist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well what can I say that hasn't already been said but a BIG THANK YOU!!!! to DCA
and everyone for making this a wonderful place to hang out at and call home Very Happy Wink
My name is 0110010001100001011100100110100101110000011100000110010101110010
bobflemming
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we should all give ourselves a big slap on the back.....well done everyone Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: Anything Goes All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: