anyone buy any toys for themselves on black friday?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackhawkdown
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: anyone buy any toys for themselves on black friday? Reply with quote

i actually camped out...blah. picked up a wii and a 42" tv. prices were so good, i just could not pass them up. lol....

BHD Twisted Evil
tkboxer
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, a little too tapped out at the moment. We did get all the shopping done for everyone else thou on Black Friday. I am considering a new phone as a Christmas present to myself, been looking at the Sony Ericson Walkman phones, but I don't know, I can't make up my mind what I want.
flyers2thecup
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all the plasmas that were sold on black friday were only 720 and not 1080. at least the ones i saw....so i passed on them.
blackhawkdown
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyers2thecup wrote:
all the plasmas that were sold on black friday were only 720 and not 1080. at least the ones i saw....so i passed on them.

the panasonic one i picked up was 1080i (not 1080p), but it's good enough for the bedroom Very Happy

BHD Twisted Evil
blknight3
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't do it then, but I did get myself a new monitor today. 22 inch widescreen Samsung.... Woohoo!!!
tkboxer
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blknight3 wrote:
Didn't do it then, but I did get myself a new monitor today. 22 inch widescreen Samsung.... Woohoo!!!

Nice! Now you can fire up your own personal size home theatre screen! Smile
blknight3
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tkboxer wrote:
blknight3 wrote:

Nice! Now you can fire up your own personal size home theatre screen! Smile

LOL.. yep. Goes well with the new video card, and the speakers I got for Christmas. Put in the new Zalman cooler and it's like a brand new computer:)
Boneapart
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ordered a Belinea 22" Widescreen monitor... I should recieve it on Monday 22nd January... Can't wait to check it out... The actual visible screen size 474mm X 296mm so I should be able to scrutinize those Cover Previews in future...
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boneapart wrote:
I just ordered a Belinea 22" Widescreen monitor... I should recieve it on Monday 22nd January... Can't wait to check it out... The actual visible screen size 474mm X 296mm so I should be able to scrutinize those Cover Previews in future...

You will love it. I couldn;t bellieve the difference. Although I'm not sure if it's the monitor or the card. First time I have ever had a really good version of either one.
Boneapart
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blknight3 wrote:
Boneapart wrote:

You will love it. I couldn;t bellieve the difference. Although I'm not sure if it's the monitor or the card. First time I have ever had a really good version of either one.

Thanks blknights, I've got a good graphics card and I've been more that pleaseed with the ecellent quality of my 18"" Flat Screen TFT Monitor, it was just that I fancied a bigger screen. I was loking at 21" monitors, but the prices was always sky high. However, the prices have dropped recently and I thought I'd spoil myself and get one... If the quality of the picture is as good as I'm getting on my 18" one, I'll be more than pleased...
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boneapart wrote:
blknight3 wrote:
Boneapart wrote:

Thanks blknights, I've got a good graphics card and I've been more that pleaseed with the ecellent quality of my 18"" Flat Screen TFT Monitor, it was just that I fancied a bigger screen. I was loking at 21" monitors, but the prices was always sky high. However, the prices have dropped recently and I thought I'd spoil myself and get one... If the quality of the picture is as good as I'm getting on my 18" one, I'll be more than pleased...

Just curious.. if you don;t mind my asking. What did you have to dish out for this one? I got mins on sale. $400,00. Regular price was $500.00.
The resolution is great .... I have mine set at at 680 x1050.... and it's excellent. Clear as a bell
Boneapart
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blknight3 wrote:
Boneapart wrote:
blknight3 wrote:
Boneapart wrote:

Just curious.. if you don;t mind my asking. What did you have to dish out for this one? I got mins on sale. $400,00. Regular price was $500.00.
The resolution is great .... I have mine set at at 680 x1050.... and it's excellent. Clear as a bell

Hi again blknights, I reside in the UK so My price was £232:00 but I converted it to US Dollars and it cost $457:00. The actual viewing size of the screen is 474mm X 296mm and the physical resolution is 1680 X 1050.
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again Boney m8. I'm located in Canada, so I did the conversion as well. In US dollars I paid 340.00, so I suspect that you might have a better monitir than the one I got. mine is the Samsun 225BW Viewing area and resolution are the same. Contrast ratios 700:1 typical 5ms response time.
Boneapart
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blknight3 wrote:
Hi again Boney m8. I'm located in Canada, so I did the conversion as well. In US dollars I paid 340.00, so I suspect that you might have a better monitir than the one I got. mine is the Samsun 225BW Viewing area and resolution are the same. Contrast ratios 700:1 typical 5ms response time.

I just checked my Contrast ratio and it is:- 1000:1 suppose that's why it cost more. I'm very pleased with it...
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep that will do it.... Sweet deal that is Very Happy
hyoogy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing absolutly skint
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: Anything Goes All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: