Couple of questions......

View previous topic :: View next topic  
J0nn0
Exceptional Artist
Exceptional Artist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Couple of questions...... Reply with quote

How do i find out about the ram in my PC?I know it's DDR,512meg,etc,but i'm not sure if it is PC2700....i think it is,but not sure.I want to buy more.

Does anyone burn D/L DVD?I just bought 10 DATAWRITE,and so far out of 8 attempts,i've got 2 DVD's out of it!They keep failing......i use the Pioneer DVR-111D,with the latest firmware(1.29).have tried VIDEO_TS and IMG/ISO,but they still fail.Have used Nero,IMGBURN,and COPYTODVD.
Anyone got any suggestions?
Jezebel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To determine what kind of memory you have in your PC, go to:

www.crucial.com

They have a system scanner (on their main page) that will tell you what memory your PC has. They are also a good place to buy upgrade memory from.

I've burned several dozen DL discs with little problem, they do occasionally have errors but not at the failure rate you've described. The media I use is Pioneer DVD+R DL. Try some name brand media and see what happens.
SG1_Fan
Donator
Donator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: memory configurator Reply with quote

Most web sites that sell memory have a configurator ,fill in the info about your computer and it will tell you what you need . This one is for kingston but www.newegg.com has good selection and prices.
http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/config/mfrmod.asp
as far as your DL problem I havent used any of these disc yet but maybe a program called DVDFab Platinum might be your answer
http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm .good luck!
blknight3
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've burned approx 50 D/L Dvd over the last year. My best luck has been with Memorex. I've never had one fail nor have I ever had a machine fail to read them. I've tried Philips, and one other brand but neither my Samsung nor my Toshiba Home Theater system would read them.
kveits007
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use nothing but Verbatim DL and regular Verbatim hub printables, I use to use Memorex and other junk and found out the the movies became unplayable after a while, It's not who makes the disc as much as the quality of the dye on the bottom and how its treated, also the burn speed has a factor in it, I only use 3 different programs, 2 of which are free, Verb's are no more expensive then the other media and are top notch, my failure rate is 0% on DL, not sure if I can say programs here but PM me if you want and I will be glad to help as much as I can. DL are easy with the right program
tkboxer
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only used two brands of disc for DL burning, Verbatim and RiData.
The RiData is not recommended as it burns sucessfully but playback is a 50/50 sucess, usually has trouble switching layers regardless of the player its in. The Verbatims have been full-proof, they burn and play fine. I have seen now that the Verbatim DL's are available in full hub printed disc so next time I will order those so they can have a label. I have been putting movies we really like on DL's since when we all eventually go to a high-def home setup the single layer compressed backups will probably look about as good as a VHS tape does today.
J0nn0
Exceptional Artist
Exceptional Artist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for the the help.I'll maybe try switching to Verbatims,and see how i go with them.
fatheralice
Donator
Donator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didn't say if i was + or - DL ?

I believe that the - DL is best avoided, as it doesn't burn the layer change properly - so use + if you aren't already.....I belive imgburn is the best burner of DL so I should stick with that.
herk
Exceptional Member
Exceptional Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where do you buy the full hub printables Verbatim's? I have been looking for full hub printables for a while.
kveits007
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have looked for hub printable DL and have never found them, Verbatim dosent make hub pintable in DL at least not according to their website, that is what I use, dvd Decrypter when done in ISO mode makes a exact copy of the disk in question, it dosent change the layer break or anything else, this is how I have done a lot of DL and have never made a coaster.
tkboxer
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link to the Verbatim Inkjet printable DL's.
I buy fromthis online store on a regular basis.
http://www.supermediastore.com/verbatim-double-layer-dvd-plus-r-white-inkjet-printable-95123.html
kveits007
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what I use but they are not full hub printable like other Verbs, the inside opening is 36mm and is branded, compared to 22mm or 21mm on other verbs, but they do burn flawless and play every time. I have been using them for about 2 years now, but I prefer my picture all they way to the hub, it's hard to get a picture looking good on those cause you have to offset the pic cause of the hub, this gives you a better pic of them.

http://www.verbatim.com/products/product_detail.cfm?product_id=103F2FDE-65B0-5A0F-84F8CBAF0E0FBAC0&pc_parent=76F06320-48F1-485E-8E286B6E0039C276[/quote]

@herk
Did you want DL or regular disk, here is a link for the regular hub printable
http://www.supermediastore.com/verbatim-white-inkjet-hub-printable-16x-dvd-r-95079.html
megafree
Artist
Artist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most problems with DL dvd is the layer break, some ripping aps doesn's save them.

dvd decrypter does, it''ll save the iso with an index file, just launch the app from the saved mds file....and back up should not be an issue.

hit Google for the app, it's not being produced any more but there are tons of places that still host it.

cheers
blknight3
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also try dvd95copy. Not a freebie but works well
herk
Exceptional Member
Exceptional Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx. The branding in the hub is too conspicuous. Any other recommendation on printable DLs? and 2.7 each is still a bit too expensive.

kveits007 wrote:
Thats what I use but they are not full hub printable like other Verbs, the inside opening is 36mm and is branded, compared to 22mm or 21mm on other verbs, but they do burn flawless and play every time. I have been using them for about 2 years now, but I prefer my picture all they way to the hub, it's hard to get a picture looking good on those cause you have to offset the pic cause of the hub, this gives you a better pic of them.

http://www.verbatim.com/products/product_detail.cfm?product_id=103F2FDE-65B0-5A0F-84F8CBAF0E0FBAC0&pc_parent=76F06320-48F1-485E-8E286B6E0039C276

@herk
Did you want DL or regular disk, here is a link for the regular hub printable
http://www.supermediastore.com/verbatim-white-inkjet-hub-printable-16x-dvd-r-95079.html[/quote]
kveits007
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is Ritek printable DL, never have used them so cant sayanything about them

http://www.supermediastore.com/ritek-double-layer-dvd-plus-r-dl-white-inkjet-printable.html
daripper
*Resident Artist
*Resident Artist

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kveits007 wrote:
Here is Ritek printable DL, never have used them so cant sayanything about them

http://www.supermediastore.com/ritek-double-layer-dvd-plus-r-dl-white-inkjet-printable.html

Those discs have about a 50/50 chance of playing after being burned from what reviews I've read
on them and from what I've heard from people that have used them and they still have the great
big center hole in them. Crying or Very sad As far as I know no one is making full hub printable DL discs yet maybe
later on some company might start making them if enough people start asking for them. Wink
My name is 0110010001100001011100100110100101110000011100000110010101110010
daripper
*Resident Artist
*Resident Artist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay found some info on DL hub printable discs over at the cdfreaks forum someone else was asking
about them over there also, here is the links to the 2.4x and the 8x DL inkjet hub printable discs looks
as if they are Ridata/Ritek produced discs think I'll just wait on the Verbatim's to go hub printable. Wink

http://svp.co.uk/products-solo.php?pid=2058 RICOHJPND00 2.4x
http://svp.co.uk/products-solo.php?pid=2026 RICOHJPND01 8x

looks as if they are sold under the Infiniti 360 brand over at svp.co.uk
My name is 0110010001100001011100100110100101110000011100000110010101110010
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try program called everest home edition. It can report all sorts of information about your computer components.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: General Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: