A challenge to all the Artists on this site.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: Resident Artist's W.I.P. Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DVDCoverArt
Site Master
Site Master

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: A challenge to all the Artists on this site. Reply with quote

I would like to see a greater diversity of covers and labels on this site. We are more diversified than most because we have both scanned and custom, but I would like to go a step further by challenging all of our Artists to create more of the lessor known titles, in conjunction with the newer titles. And when you create a cover, I would suggest that you Always create a matching label.

The quality sites, for the most part, have the same titles. If our members want any of the lesser known titles, they are stuck with sites like cdcovers.cc. Our members shouldn't have to settle for that level of quality.
megafree
Artist
Artist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds great, the only thing that's tough for the abstract titles is artwork, so if I come across any places where there is artwork for the older and off the beaten track movies, I'll happily post that resource for all.

oh and I do think this is one of the "Quality Sites". That's why I'm more than happy to hang my hat here and call it home.

cheers
GEORGIEBOY26
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, material for the lesser known cvrs can be hard to find...will have to keep our eyes peeled Very Happy
DVDCoverArt
Site Master
Site Master

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Finding Art Reply with quote

megafree wrote:
sounds great, the only thing that's tough for the abstract titles is artwork, so if I come across any places where there is artwork for the older and off the beaten track movies, I'll happily post that resource for all.

oh and I do think this is one of the "Quality Sites". That's why I'm more than happy to hang my hat here and call it home.

cheers

As I am sure you know, even if you come across poster art that is less than desirable, there are ways of making it useful. Believe me, the image I used on my recent label was not very good quality, but I still found a way to make it work. Use whatever you can get your hands on.

A program that I use all the time to improve the detail in an image is Genuine Fractals Print pro. You can increase the size of any image without diminishing quality. This program uses a patented technology that increases the number of pixels within the image. The more pixels, the more detail. This really comes in handy when trying to adapt an image to cover a larger area than it might otherwise be able too.
GEORGIEBOY26
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a great tool,,could be VERY useful Very Happy
megafree
Artist
Artist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got it, great tool...and and a ton of other plugins...they save alot of time, it's nice to know how to do it from scratch, but once that is conquered, the plugin and the tweaking of it can be a very powerful thing.

cheers
GEORGIEBOY26
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

megafree wrote:
got it, great tool...and and a ton of other plugins...they save alot of time, it's nice to know how to do it from scratch, but once that is conquered, the plugin and the tweaking of it can be a very powerful thing.

cheers

you got me drooling now Mega,,,, Surprised Very Happy Very Happy
nonini
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem for me to do strange stuff, they don't come any stranger then Little Otik, Tetsuo or Winnie the Pooh. hehehe...... Laughing Laughing lol
I got my reputation to keep high, or do child(disney) stuff or strange Movies which nobody seem to have noticed.

It is true you don't have to have higres images to create a cover or label, but i noticed they become very colorful with allot of contrast and filters.

So maybe it a good idea to make a request topic for difficult to find images for the lessor known titles. To help each other. Wink

Cheers nonini. Very Happy
Site Master
Site Master

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Poster Art Reply with quote

nonini wrote:
No problem for me to do strange stuff, they don't come any stranger then Little Otik, Tetsuo or Winnie the Pooh. hehehe...... Laughing Laughing lol
I got my reputation to keep high, or do child(disney) stuff or strange Movies which nobody seem to have noticed.

It is true you don't have to have higres images to create a cover or label, but i noticed they become very colorful with allot of contrast and filters.

So maybe it a good idea to make a request topic for difficult to find images for the lessor known titles. To help each other. Wink

Cheers nonini. Very Happy

I would also suggest that everyone upload whatever Poster Art they have. I have created the FTP below for this purpose. Just remember to let me know when you have made an uploaded. The best way to help new members become Cover and Label creators, is to provide them with Poster Art. If it is already on the site, they won't need to put a request in.

We have a new member who needs Shrek poster art, so if you have it, please upload it.

Here is the upload link:

Poster Art Upload Link

Below are the settings for an FTP Program:

Username: PosterArt

Host / IP / URL : 70.90.213.67

Password: There Is No Password

Use Passive Mode

Port: 21
GEORGIEBOY26
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

megafree wrote:

cheers

just checked it out...299.00 gbp Shocked bit expensive for me Sad
nightowl
Limited Membership
Limited Membership

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoping to see if I can do anything with the scans I did of my video tape collection before I got rid of them.

I am also on the prowl for sites that have good art work and images for older films, but not come across much yet.

With not to much time on my hands right now it's been hard to get to the computer, but I try and login when I can.

Last edited by nightowl on Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total
tkboxer
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can almost never find images for older films. I wish that any member with a scanner that rents an older or less distinguished film could scan the cover at 300dpi and upload it to resources, they wouldn't have to edit it or clean it up, crop it or improve it in any way, just a 300dpi scan and throw it up there. That would at least give us something to work with that we could either breakdown and restore or rip images from to create something new, plus the scan would have all the text info including credits and synopsis. If some members with limited time or experience felt they could contribute to the site by a simple scan of a rental cover of a film that is currently not available they may be inclined to do so...and we could get more of those hard to find films in our library.
nightowl
Limited Membership
Limited Membership

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boxer when I find the scans, I will go through them and upload ones that we don't have covers for Wink .....I am pretty sure I scanned at 300dpi, these were just front and back scans Smile
Artist
Artist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Older Poster Art Reply with quote

I see alot of you talking about older movie art. I don't know how many of you are aware of the site movieposterdb.com This site has just about anything I've ever looked for especially the older stuff. It's pretty much all hi-res too. It's not free though. The fees are in euros so I think it's about $10.00 or so for 100 credits. You can pay using Paypal or a credit card. 1sheet.com is also a good site. As is moviegoods.com although they have their logo across the bottom of the pic. Not too much trouble to fix though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: Resident Artist's W.I.P. Section All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: