bionic woman - new tv pilot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: Movie, TV, & Theater Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackhawkdown
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: bionic woman - new tv pilot Reply with quote

did anyone get to see the pilot of the new bionic woman at the san diego comic con? i missed it Sad

BHD Twisted Evil
talion
Exceptional Member
Exceptional Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, but I kinda wonder why they decided to revive this one instead of the 6 million dollar man, which was the more popular of the two series, as well as the original. Perhaps they are grabbing the female oriented series scripts where possible, to take advantage of the growing popularity of female characters leading the cast, but still you'd think then they'd take a totally new script rather than bringing back what was mediocre at best anyway.
tkboxer
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they should bring back Lindsay Wagner as the mentor for the new girl. She could be her trainer and conditioning coach, and if they tire and need a nap...they could take it in Lindsay's Sleep Number bed. Laughing Laughing Laughing
blackhawkdown
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

talion wrote:
Nope, but I kinda wonder why they decided to revive this one instead of the 6 million dollar man, which was the more popular of the two series, as well as the original. Perhaps they are grabbing the female oriented series scripts where possible, to take advantage of the growing popularity of female characters leading the cast, but still you'd think then they'd take a totally new script rather than bringing back what was mediocre at best anyway.

i think you're right. the team that put the show together is the same one that does battlestar galactica...."starbuck" is a character on this new bionic woman show as well. Confused

BHD Twisted Evil
talion
Exceptional Member
Exceptional Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't get what the big deal is with the new Battlestar Galactica series. I was looking for an new version for the new millenium, and instead what we got was something I found really different, and I found it impossible to get behind the charcaters for it. I tried hard beacause there had been so much good buzz about it, and I watched the first 8 episodes. Frankly, the original, with the hokey effects and all, was more fun to watch, and the characters were way better.
blknight3
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

talion wrote:
I honestly don't get what the big deal is with the new Battlestar Galactica series. I was looking for an new version for the new millenium, and instead what we got was something I found really different, and I found it impossible to get behind the charcaters for it. I tried hard beacause there had been so much good buzz about it, and I watched the first 8 episodes. Frankly, the original, with the hokey effects and all, was more fun to watch, and the characters were way better.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one that felt this way. I expected "updates", but updating Starbuck from a guy to a gal was too much for me. Apollo, not liking his dad. I mean come on. I watched I think 12 or so trying to get behind it but no way. I guess if you had never seen the original ok, but I'm an old fogey, so couldn't get into it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: Movie, TV, & Theater Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: