Boston Legal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: Movie, TV, & Theater Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
talion
Exceptional Member
Exceptional Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Boston Legal Reply with quote

OK. This one caught me by surprise. I hadn't been watching this show on tv at all because I had heard no buzz on it, wa sleary of watching William Shatner playing a lawyer, etc ,etc. As it happens, I needed something to watch and a friend of mine had the first dvd, so I borrowed it.

Well, what a good move borrowing that dvd was. I was more than pleasantly surprised to find this to be a great show. James Spader and William Shatner are the main focus intially, but there are other B list actors you'd know and recognize too. Shatner plays a brilliant lawyer who may or may not be going crazy. No one is sure. Spader play this kind of compassionate but somewhat people skill challenged legal sociopath that is truly an interesting character. The chemistry between Shatner and Spader all through the series is some of the best I've ever seen on the screen. Despite being totally different they fit like hand and glove together, especially as the series develops.

This show has some great writing, some neat situations, and is side-splittingly funny in spots. It's a smart show, and seems to somehow succeed as being both a drama and a comedy series at the same time. There are a few too many changes among the secondary characters for my liking, but the guest spots are wonderful characters. It also doesn't gloss over the hypocrisy or lack of ethics in some legal manipulations.

I'm about halfway though the second season now and am having a great time watching it. For a show I had barely even heard of I was surprised at how many emmys it was nominated for or has won though, however well deserved. good stuff. Watch these guys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: Movie, TV, & Theater Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: