Sadly....Still missing in action......

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: Anything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
annarere1960

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Sadly....Still missing in action...... Reply with quote

I know I said I would be back soon.........but.........my dear grandmother is very old and very weak....my family wanted to put her in a home to die.......I couldn't let it happen........I have taken a leave from my job..........and plan on taking care of her until she passes..... I have no idea how long she has but I will be there to take care of her and enjoy every bit of time I have left with her........Please keep us in your prayers..........
ComputerDog
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anna

Follow your heart - in my mind you're doing the right thing. My thoughts will be with you and your grandmother.

Take care,

- CD
tkboxer
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are special Anna and my prayers will be with you and your grandmother.
Boneapart
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anna, You've just proved what a GEM you are... You take care of your Grandma. I'm sure that you will see that she enjoys the last remaining years of her life and may God Bless you for doing so...
*Resident Artist
*Resident Artist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anna, you just take good care of your Grandma and enjoy what ever amount of time you have to spend together
because Grandparents are very special family and family always comes first before anything else. We will all hopefully
still be here when you return to the forums full time again. Wink
You both will be in my thoughts and prayers. Very Happy
My name is 0110010001100001011100100110100101110000011100000110010101110010
DVDCoverArt
Site Master
Site Master

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: We are a family Reply with quote

Family is and should be everything. When my father-in-law passed away suddenly, I suggested to my wife that we encourage her mother to come live with us.

She had lived in Texas for almost 40 years, so moving to Utah would be a huge change. Fortunately, she agreed.

Don't worry about us. You are part of our family, we will be here if and when you need us. You are doing the right thing.
bobflemming
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish you and your grandmother all the best Anna, My wife nursed her father until he passed away, so i know how tough that can be - i hope your grandmother can enjoy (sorry i can't find the right word) the time she had left.
Best wishes,
Bob.
spartanstew
Valued Member
Valued Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy these moments/memories as best you can.

National Family Caregivers Month, 2007
A Proclamation By the President of the United States of America

RSS Feed White House News

Each year during National Family Caregivers Month, we celebrate all those who dedicate themselves to caring for others and recognize their efforts to comfort and improve the lives of their loved ones in need.

One of our Nation's defining values is compassion, and we must do our best to see that every citizen is treated with dignity and respect. Family caregivers demonstrate this compassion, often at great sacrifice, to assist with everyday activities for family members who are elderly, chronically ill, or disabled. This dedication contributes to a culture of caring and responsibility across our country.

My Administration remains committed to supporting family caregivers by enhancing their access to services, agencies, and other providers. Late last year, I signed "The Lifespan Respite Care Act of 2006," which establishes a program to assist family caregivers in accessing affordable and high-quality respite care. The National Family Caregiver Support Program encourages cooperation among agencies and other organizations that support and work with the family caregivers. This program offers information, training, and counseling to help family caregivers assist their loved ones.

National Family Caregivers Month is a time to recognize family caregivers for their good hearts and tireless support. Their love and devotion exemplify the true spirit of America.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim November 2007 as National Family Caregivers Month. I encourage all Americans to honor the selfless service of caregivers who support their loved ones in need.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this thirty-first day of October, in the year of our Lord two thousand seven, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirty-second.

GEORGE W. BUSH
Seiji
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I applaud what you're doing, anna. Please stay strong! I hope you tell her how much you love and appreciate her as much as you can! When my grandpa died of cancer a few years back, I was in serious denile about thinking he would die. Before I knew it, he was so doped up on morphine and out of it ... I never really got to tell him that I loved and appreciate everything he taught me.

Much love, anna.
GEORGIEBOY26
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

praise be to you ANNA, your doing the right thing, Gob Bless.... Smile my thoughts are with you
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: Anything Goes All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: