Pirates of the Caribbean 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: Movie, TV, & Theater Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
talion
Exceptional Member
Exceptional Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Pirates of the Caribbean 3 Reply with quote

I wasn't sure what to expect when I sat down to watch this one, and I wasn't 100% sure what I thought of it when it was over.

It was kind of fun to watch, but it was never exciting, unlike the first two, which had exciting moment. The characters were all fun to watch, but it was like they dialed in their performance from the previous films as well. the performance was there but the sparkle was gone, and the romantic aspect of the film had no chemistry in it at all. it was like a whole bunch of good friends got together for a reunion and were reliving past glories.the whole Calypso thing appeared to be a waste of time, after all the buildup, and frankly I'm not sure why they bothered. I would have just shortened the movie.

The ending was kind of flat too, but you could see exactly where the franchise was going if they ever did decide to do another one, and a whole bunch of those characters are going to disappear.

I enjoyed it, but wasn't enthralled by it. Still fun even after the magic is gone, but just a casual watch. At more than 2.5 hours i'm glad I watched it at home with beers though.
daripper
*Resident Artist
*Resident Artist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished watching it on DVD myself and I'll have to agree with you 100%
the movie just plain outright fails on being more than a half-way moderately
entertaining film to watch. And what was it with the Calypso deal I was really
expecting to see something out of the ordinary happen after she was released
but it just kind of flopped it seems. I think the writers lost their train of thought
and didn't know what direction or where to take the movie from that point on. Rolling Eyes
My name is 0110010001100001011100100110100101110000011100000110010101110010
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: Movie, TV, & Theater Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: