Anyone have an Epson R280?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaotic646
Artist
Artist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Anyone have an Epson R280? Reply with quote

If so do you like it? Ive had an R320 for over a year now and was very happy with it but I screwed it up and the cheapest printer I could find that prints to CD/DVD's was the R280. The ink is a lot higher than the 320 ink but supposedly the cartridges hold more.
DVDCoverArt
Site Master
Site Master

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone have an Epson R280? Reply with quote

chaotic646 wrote:
If so do you like it? Ive had an R320 for over a year now and was very happy with it but I screwed it up and the cheapest printer I could find that prints to CD/DVD's was the R280. The ink is a lot higher than the 320 ink but supposedly the cartridges hold more.

I don't know where, but my son just purchased a brand new R320 online for less than I paid for mine.
chaotic646
Artist
Artist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked everywhere. I couldnt find one for less than $120. I paid that for mine, but I got a $50 rebate so it ended up being the same as the R280 now. It sucks because I just used my Epson store settlement money on ink for the R320 and didnt even get to use it. I guess thats what Ebay is for... Razz
blknight3
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best deal I can find is this one For an Epson 260 for 119.00

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=23326&vpn=C11C653011F&manufacture=Epson#ProductDetails

or this R320 on Ebay for about 80.00 US shipping in

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Epson-Stylus-R320-InkJet-Printer_W0QQitemZ260194312609QQihZ016QQcategoryZ14303QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Not sure if this helps or not
chaotic646
Artist
Artist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already bought the R280. It was only $70, but it uses that new HD ink and its a lot higher than the ink my R320 used. Hopefully one of those CIS's on ebay will work with it.
daripper
*Resident Artist
*Resident Artist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chaotic646 wrote:
I already bought the R280. It was only $70, but it uses that new HD ink and its a lot higher than the ink my R320 used. Hopefully one of those CIS's on ebay will work with it.

chaotic m8, be careful about buying a CIS system off of ebay for a Epson R280 printer because Epson
has changed the firmware on the newer R280, RX595 and RX680 printers in an attempt to keep you
from being able to use a CIS or refillable carts.

Print On A Dime Inc. wrote:
As you may or may not be aware by now, Epson continues to make firmware changes to their printers in an attempt to run companies who sell continuous ink systems and refillable cartridges out of business. I don't know why, something about being cut out of the millions of dollars a year they take from you in the huge mark up on ink cartridges has gotten them upset. They don't like the fact that we offer you the ability to actually print what you want without going broke doing it. Anyway, that being said, Epson has made another firmware change to their printers. What this does is, it causes many of the cartridges manufactured before the firmware change date to not recognize on printers manufactured after the firmware change date.

Therefore, we have come up with a solution. Our new continuous ink system (CIS) cartridges will allow you to use one original equipment manufacturer (OEM) cartridge in conjunction with your CIS cartridges. This OEM cartridge will snap down on top of your CIS cartridges and will act as a control cartridge. Our new cartridge and chip design, using the one OEM cartridge, will allow your continuous ink system to work with any compatible printer, regardless of manufacturer date and firmware changes. Additionally, these new cartridges allow you to reset the cartridge ink level manually to full, with the simple press of a button.

This is just one way Print On A Dime Inc., is fighting for your right to save money by using aftermarket cartridges in your printer.

When making your selection in the drop down bar, you will have the option of selecting your printer with or without an OEM cartridge. If you have an OEM cartridge available, then select your system without the OEM cartridge. However, if you need an OEM cartridge, simply select the drop down bar for your system that includes the OEM cartridge.

Here is a link to where I got my CIS and refillable carts at for my R200 and R220 this link takes you right to the CIS system for the R280
and explains about the above quote from Print On A Dime be sure to read this if you use the link to get there
***ATTENTION all R280, RX595 and RX680 printer users. Please click here before making your purchase.
http://www.printonadime.com/inventory/item.php?item_id=22&printer_id=77
My name is 0110010001100001011100100110100101110000011100000110010101110010
chaotic646
Artist
Artist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, I was just getting ready to ask for a recommendation on a trustworthy CIS seller. For some reason I was under the impression everyone got them from ebay. Confused

Okay one more question - dye ink or pigment ink? I realize pigment ink is better, but it is a LOT more expensive. Does the difference in print quality really justify the huge cost increase?
daripper
*Resident Artist
*Resident Artist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chaotic646 wrote:
Thanks for the info, I was just getting ready to ask for a recommendation on a trustworthy CIS seller. For some reason I was under the impression everyone got them from ebay. Confused

Okay one more question - dye ink or pigment ink? I realize pigment ink is better, but it is a LOT more expensive. Does the difference in print quality really justify the huge cost increase?

I just use dye ink myself because of a few reasons

1. as you already said the cost is a lot higher for pigment ink
2. it seems to clog the printheads more often than dye based ink
3. I can't see a big difference in print quality between them myself

the only thing I can think of that is a + for pigment ink is it doesn't smear as bad
as dye ink does when it gets wet at least I don't think it does anyway but I might
be wrong on that. Confused
My name is 0110010001100001011100100110100101110000011100000110010101110010
chaotic646
Artist
Artist

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll probably end up using the die ink as well. I just got my R280 and it came with the Claria HD pigment ink. I cant tell a bit of difference. As far as the printer, it prints just as nice as my R320, but its not near as flashy. It doesnt have a display, only three buttons. One thing that annoyed me was the newest version of Epson Print CD it came with doesnt allow you to adjust the print position - only the inner/outer diameter settings. Luckily I havent sold my R320 yet so I made an iso out of the software disc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: General Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: