i am legend

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: Movie, TV, & Theater Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackhawkdown
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: i am legend Reply with quote

a movie set in new york where all of the inhabitants have seemingly turned into vampires. it is up to the lone survivor, will smith, to find a cure for the vampirism. he can only do that w/ the help of two children who seek him out and want him to go to a colony of survivors in virginia.

for all of the hype, i thought this was could have been done better. i didnt think the flash back scenes were incorporated into the movie well at all. it reminded me of the charleston heston movie, "the omega man" ...(i'm dating myself here..hehe). grade: B/B-

BHD Twisted Evil
snips71
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm correct it was a remake of "The Omega Man", which was a remake of "The Last Man on Earth" featuring Vincent Price.
Uinat
Exceptional Member
Exceptional Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both movies (Last Man on Earth & The Omega Man) were based on a novel by Richard Matheson. Unfortunately, every movie failed because they tried to interpret the film instead of making it [i]ad verbatim[/i]. There is a point why it’s called [b]I Am Legend[/b]. And it’s not because it has Price, Heston or Smith in it. It’s not the special effects. It’s all about a story of an ordinary guy and his will to survive in a world where tables have turned. It’s new world order. In it he’s the monster and the [i]monsters[/i] that he sees are actually new breed. My advice is to read a book. It’s one of the best sci-fi stories there is.
kveits007
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt think it was bad, worth watching, 1 question though, if all the bridges were blown up leading off the island, how did she get off the island or on it, just wondering.
talion
Exceptional Member
Exceptional Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It had big story holes for me (the girl getting on and off the island being a big one) and I agree it could have been done much better. The "head" monster wasn't personified well, and the ending was lousy. I think "The Omega Man" did it better, and Charleton Heston's character made more sense, as did the evolution of the story. For all of that even the Omega Man was a fairly mediocre movie. I thought this one fell flat.
tkboxer
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omega Man was definitely better. Have not seen "the last man on earth".
daripper
*Resident Artist
*Resident Artist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished watching it and I'm like kveits007 siad it leaves me wondering just how did
she get on and off the island? Overall not the best movie I've ever seen but then again
it's not the worst one I've ever seen either.

I'd rate it a C-
My name is 0110010001100001011100100110100101110000011100000110010101110010
Fejinwales
Super Donator
Super Donator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree wholly with Uinat - read the book if you can find it, I read it in the 70's while I was in school! The film is a waste of time compared to it. The original story has been dramatically changed in order for it to be made into a film, there are people who I know that think it is a fantastic film but they are not aware that it was ever a book (until I told them). The book coloured my view of it and I was, not surprisingly disappointed. He does die in the end though - at least that is the same, the manner of his death however is not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: Movie, TV, & Theater Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: