Taiyo Yuden WaterShield

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaotic646
Artist
Artist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:35 am    Post subject: Taiyo Yuden WaterShield Reply with quote

This is probably old news to a lot of you, but a quick search didnt show any topics about it so I thought I would share.

I recently received some Taiyo Yuden WaterShield DVD-R's from Meritline and I am very impressed. They are a little pricey at around $.65 a piece but if you are one of the people that hates knowing your beautifully printed discs can smudge with damp fingers they are well worth it.

I have had a hell of a time the last few years printing on my discs, waiting for them to "dry", spraying them down with acrylic sealer to make them water-proof, then waiting for the sealer to dry.

These TY WaterShields are a Godsend and are 100% water-proof. I printed a disc last night that was very heavy on dark blue and black ink, let it dry for less than 5 minutes, held in under hot running water and dried it with a towel - not one bit of the ink came off. I then gave it the ultimate test and handed it to my 2-year old son. He messed around with it with his slobbery fingers for quite awhile and none of the ink came off. Ive only burned 3 so far but they all burned well too and came out perfect on the Nero benchmark test. Highly recommended. Very Happy
kveits007
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have been using them for awhile now, and I like them, glossy side looks great when done with good artwork, and I to tried them with water, except I held mine under spicket to test them and the picture held up, yes a little pricey but I feel they worth it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: General Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: