I have not been as active of late

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: General Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEORGIEBOY26
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: I have not been as active of late Reply with quote

I have not been as active of late in the covermaking, this is due to my getting a lot of eye strain lately, must be my age....lol....I have been considering eye laser treatment, but am a bit of a coward when it comes to people messing with my eyeballs....maybe I should just go ahead and get some good specs......I will still be checking in on you guys nevertheless......................... Very Happy
tkboxer
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been wearing progressive lineless bifocals for a few years now. They are great. Also, they make them in contacts too. Cheers GB.
blknight3
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the eyestrain part well. I finally broke down a couple years ago and got some glasses. Couldn't believe the difference it made in my vision. Now if it only made a difference in my cover making ability Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
GEORGIEBOY26
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx guys........gotta try somethin I guess Very Happy
DVDCoverArt
Site Master
Site Master

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: I have not been as active of late Reply with quote

GEORGIEBOY26 wrote:
I have not been as active of late in the covermaking, this is due to my getting a lot of eye strain lately, must be my age....lol....I have been considering eye laser treatment, but am a bit of a coward when it comes to people messing with my eyeballs....maybe I should just go ahead and get some good specs......I will still be checking in on you guys nevertheless......................... Very Happy

I can testify that age has a lot to do with it. I can remember when I was about 42 and I started having problems with my eyes. I thought it was because of my type 1 diabetes. After the doctor finished the examination, he said, “It’s not your diabetes causing the problem....its you’re age.”

I would suggest you get a good pair of specs old friend, and not from your local Wal-Mart. Make sure you get prescription glasses, even if they are only for reading. It makes a big difference.
GEORGIEBOY26
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: I have not been as active of late Reply with quote

DVDCoverArt wrote:
GEORGIEBOY26 wrote:

I can testify that age has a lot to do with it. I can remember when I was about 42 and I started having problems with my eyes. I thought it was because of my type 1 diabetes. After the doctor finished the examination, he said, “It’s not your diabetes causing the problem....its you’re age.”

I would suggest you get a good pair of specs old friend, and not from your local Wal-Mart. Make sure you get prescription glasses, even if they are only for reading. It makes a big difference.

cheeers boss, yep I think its the way to go...its reading small print that gives me strain, I have to zoom in on forum boards to read em lately.. lol .. normal sight, watching tv, driving etc. seems ok
blknight3
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey GB. That was the same thing that gave me trouble. The small print. And dang it if they didn't seem to make it smaller every year. I tried the reading glasses you just pick up off the rack and while it helped it gave me a head ache after a while. I finally broke down and got the real thing (readers) and now no problem. I just have to wear for reading so other than that all is normal .. so to speak
DVDCoverArt
Site Master
Site Master

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Multiple Specs Reply with quote

I have a pair of glasses for reading, another for when I am on the computer, and another specially made pair of glasses for playing Billiards.

The ones for Billiards are multi focal glasses. They cost about $450 dollars. The glasses you use for computers should be weaker than the ones you use for reading.

You need different glasses for different activities, so see an optometrist GB.
GEORGIEBOY26
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx boss and blknight3, thinkin of seeing one soon.... Shocked Very Happy
Boneapart
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I was luckky, I had excellent eyesight until I was about 60. I decided to get a pair of Vari Lens glasses and believe me, they are the best thing since sliced bread. The top part is vertually clear galss, because It's only close up that I can't read, I'm okay at long distance. But I wear them all the time. You just move your head slightly upwards to read close up and when I look straight ahead they're just normal galss. You should definately go for a pair of vari lens from the opticians.
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx for that boney mate....just reached the ole 60...so maybe thats it..... Very Happy Very Happy
nonini
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe lol Laughing
Hope your eyes will be better soon my friend..

Cheers nonini Very Happy
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well seen the optician and got an eye test and got a pair of prescription reading glasses....things look clearer now....... Shocked Laughing Laughing
blknight3
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

makes a difference doesn't it Smile I know I fought it for a long time, but when I finall broke down and did it I could not only see better but my headacehs went away as well
GEORGIEBOY26
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blknight3 wrote:
makes a difference doesn't it Smile I know I fought it for a long time, but when I finall broke down and did it I could not only see better but my headacehs went away as well

yep...a lot better now buddy Very Happy
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: General Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: