Not around as Much

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blknight3
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:04 am    Post subject: Not around as Much Reply with quote

I haven't been around as much of late and would like to apologize.

About 4 weeks ago my daughter was diagnosed with possible lung cancer, and I have been dealing with that. And then my beloved cat Cactus had to be put down after 14 wonderful years of love, and for some reason this has hit me very hard.

Some may think it silly to greive a cat, but he has been my most devoted companion the last 10 years and things are very empty with him gone.

I haven't felt much like contributing things, but am getting back to normal slowly.

To help things, we got the news today that my daughter has a non malignant polyp in her right lung. They will be performing surgey and removing the top 10 percent of her lung to make sure that they have it all.... relatively invasive surgery, but the Dr. is confident this is the best route.
SG1_Fan
Donator
Donator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts and prayers are with you. even though I'm not a cat lover I do understand your relationship with your friend of 14 years, my life has been turned upside down also,I lost my father on Feb 18th a week later his sister was put in the hospital with heart blockage and if that wasn't enough we found out yesterday that my mom's sister past away.my dad had battled cancer for 6 years and the one thing he would always say was "One day at a time" these words I live by every day.God bless
blknight3
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you SG1 for your words of support.

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of you father. My mom passed away Nov 16th, so I know how hard that can be. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

They did another scope of my daughter last night, and the good news is that there is no change to the lump. Based on this the Dr says that he is thinking that it is a non malignant tumour, or polyp. They took another biopsy and sent for more tests. BAsed on this they will opt to either emove just the mass, or the upper 10 - 15% of her right lung. While the second alternative is more invasive, he said it is the best choice for a non reoccurance.
SG1_Fan
Donator
Donator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you blknight3,If you need someone to talk to pm me.the one thing I learned from my father's experience is that friends and family are the only thing that really matter.
blackhawkdown
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey knight,

i had to put down an 18 yr old german shepard and his bro, a 18 yr old cat. it was the hardest thing i ever had to do......things will get better. i put pics of them up and it made a big difference.

BHD Twisted Evil
DVDCoverArt
Site Master
Site Master

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:55 am    Post subject: My Thoughts Are With You and Your Family Reply with quote

I am not concerned when my loyal members do not visit, especially under your circomstances.

Your daughter, you and your family will be in my prayers. There is Nothing more important in life than family. In my oppinion, the Purpose of life is Family.

Sincerely,

DVDCoverArt
blknight3
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all very much for your kind words of support. We're still waiting for the last biopsy results. She as been back to the Dr. again since then , and he has again reassured her that the chance of this being malignant is very very slim. As he put it She has a better chance of winning the lottery, than she does of this being maligant. We all have fingers and toes crossed, but it is looking better each day
GEORGIEBOY26
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my fingers are crossed too my friend
blknight3
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you GB... we are in a holding pattern now.. waiting for results. Everything is still on a positive side. the last X-rays showed absolutely no change which is great news.
GEORGIEBOY26
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good to hear mate....god speed
sawtooth
Exceptional Member
Exceptional Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope all is well.
talion
Exceptional Member
Exceptional Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just catching this as well, and support goes out to you as well. It's a lot to deal with over the same period time, and I would be the last to minimize the loss of a pet as well. They often become family members in and of themselves. The news about your daughter sounds encouraging though, despite the potential invasiveness, and I wish you every success in pulling through these difficult circumstances. I'm sure you'll both come out the other end smiling, or at least such is my hope.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: General Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: