PIVOS media box

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackhawkdown
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: PIVOS media box Reply with quote

well, as i have begun (its actually been a longgg time) to have too many movies lying around, i picked up one of these media boxes:

http://www.amazon.com/Media-Center-Gigabit-Network-Reader/dp/B005M1QP7O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333560958&sr=8-1

i was not expecting a lot, but am quite impressed with its function. once i got it networked, i could pick off files from my pc. i could plug a flash drive or use a HDD to store lots of goodies. i see a 3TB hdd in my future =)

...and no, i'm not affiliated w/ pivos in any way, shape or form. just letting you guys know what's out there that "might" be of some interest to you.

BHD Twisted Evil
ComputerDog
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BHD - Network media tanks are great! Last year my daughter's boyfriend helped me network a "Popcorn Hour" into a new PC. OK he actually set it up as well as helped me put together the PC. Anyway, I now have 11T in movies on a Jukebox that comes up on my TV in the living room. I've had a lot of fun (OK I'm weird too) loading my movies onto the PC and have reduced the clutter to boxes in the basement. It's a long process, but I'll eventually get the rest loaded as well. One thought - keep your originals safe, there is always the possibility of drive failure.....

- CD
blackhawkdown
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ComputerDog wrote:
BHD - Network media tanks are great! Last year my daughter's boyfriend helped me network a "Popcorn Hour" into a new PC. OK he actually set it up as well as helped me put together the PC. Anyway, I now have 11T in movies on a Jukebox that comes up on my TV in the living room. I've had a lot of fun (OK I'm weird too) loading my movies onto the PC and have reduced the clutter to boxes in the basement. It's a long process, but I'll eventually get the rest loaded as well. One thought - keep your originals safe, there is always the possibility of drive failure.....

- CD

hey dog,

that looks very interesting. does that use a built in OS? or something like XBMC (xbox media center)?

BHD Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: General Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: