Jurassic World

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: Movie, TV, & Theater Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blknight3
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject: Jurassic World Reply with quote

It isn't often that I will pay to go to a movie anymore these days, mostly because they are just remakes of something that has already been out, or a "reboot" of a previous "franchise". Jurassic World was no exception, and I had no intention of going to see it, but I received a free ticket and with nothing else to do decided why not.

After arriving at the theatre, and arranging financing for a drink and some "refreshed" popcorn I took my seat in the theater, and waited for the movie to begin. Following a plethora of commercials (when the hell did that start happening?) and previews the movie began.

The first 15 minutes were rather slow, but after that it picked up and the rest of the movie passed rather quickly. The selection of Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard to play the leads was I though a good one, and made for an overall good team. The references back to the original were plentiful and oft very subtle, but all well done. basing the original at a 10 with the second at a minus 4 I'd rate this at a 9. Will be buying when it comes out in Blu Ray 3D
blackhawkdown
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked this one as well. I got sucked into paying for 3D because when I got to the theater, the regular version was sold out. can't say to the kids, "we have to go because it's sold out!", right? lol....

I'm still not sure if I like pratt or not. howard was good in this one. I give it a B+!

BHD Twisted Evil
blknight3
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I saw the 3D version as well.... in IMAX. Couldn't say no as it was free
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: Movie, TV, & Theater Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: