The Last Witch Hunter (2015)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: Movie, TV, & Theater Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ctaulbee
Exceptional Artist
Exceptional Artist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:35 pm    Post subject: The Last Witch Hunter (2015) Reply with quote

The modern world holds many secrets, but the most astounding secret of all is that witches still live amongst us; vicious supernatural creatures intent on unleashing the Black Death upon the world. Armies of witch hunters battled the unnatural enemy across the globe for centuries, including KAULDER, a valiant warrior who managed to slay the all-powerful QUEEN WITCH, decimating her followers in the process. In the moments right before her death, the QUEEN curses KAULDER with her own immortality, … More

Rating: PG-13 (for sequences of fantasy violence and frightening images)
Genre: Action & Adventure, Science Fiction & Fantasy
Directed By: Breck Eisner
Written By: Cory Goodman, Matt Sazama, Burk Sharpless, Melissa Wallack, D.W. Harper
In Theaters: Oct 23, 2015 Wide
Runtime: 1 hr. 45 min.
Summit Entertainment. -
Official Site

Went and watched this Monday afternoon.

I was hoping for some kind of Highlander type of twist, alas, it was not to be, in fact it’s closer to the (1989) film Warlock, you remember the "turkey" staring Julian Sands.

It starts off pretty well, but gradually collapses into disconnected bouts of special effects & oddly setup confrontations, highlighted by soft-focus flashbacks of Kaulder's long-lost wife and daughter.

It ends up being messy and chaotic but never really succeeding on any specific level. The one kind of cool thing, was a magical gummi bear tree, that was kind of creative and fun lol.

I give 2 out of 5 stars, just for the fun aspect of it that they did occasionally mange to muster up

Very Happy
blackhawkdown
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drat! I was hoping it would be a good vin diesel movie. I won't rush to watch this one I guess. Mad

BHD Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVDCoverArt.org Forum Index :: Movie, TV, & Theater Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: